It’s that time of the week again.
It’s been a huge week with the change of power and everyone giving their 2 cents worth.
The Eagles are dead in the water and the Bombers silence their critics again to my utmost sadness. I felt at this point that I would focus on better times at the footy and revisited this post about my awkwardness. I took a day off yesterday to do some personal business. I got nothing done. I read this old post. I felt a bit better.
Here is a Rory Mouttet quote to consider.
“If you are booing a champion on the oppositions team you are stupid. Not because it’s wrong to boo, but because almost all champions respond to booing by playing better.”
Maybe if we’d greeted Jobe Watson with dead silence last night he would not have torn us a new a…hole and we may have got over the line this week. Anyone think of THAT? HUH?
Also keep an eye out for my first article coming up soon by signing up at The Shake.
The cupboard has been slightly bare with regards to reading time this week but I still managed to read some good posts.
Honorable mentions for this blog from Michelle over at The Pinky Pointer because it made me laugh. This on ‘Jools’ from Kev at the Illiterate Infant (she won me over too Kev). And Kelly Mouttet is back again with this one on Julia’s demise. Refreshing to see a perspective considering the actual facts.
Here are this weeks top 5.
5. From Felicity Dowker on The Shake. Great post? Hmm …depends on who you ask but I quite enjoyed it. Language warning! Woman love your…c..
4. Wonderful from Boy Eats World. Some great pics and a cute story combined with a recipe to cook something I’d never heard of (because I live in a bubble) before! I Might give it a go this weekend.
3. Woogs world is back again. Because as a man who has some experience with kids – I CAN RELATE TO THIS – Back off women :)!
2. 40 Year Old Dad gives us this insightful perspective on how sexism can work in reverse.
1. Someone said what I was thinking (but actually researched it and turned it into a great article). Michaela C over at Five Frogs Blog writing on The Shake…Where did my compassionate capitalist democracy go?
My favourite facebook gem of the week:
And here is a song that I am loving at the moment.